Wednesday, February 11, 2009

London Calling

I am off to the big city tomorrow and very excited. One, because I am getting out of Edinburgh, not that I don't love the city, just need a change of scenery. Two, I get to see 10 Downing Street, which is the White House equivalent of the UK, only less ostentatious. I may have to convince my traveling companion of that visit. But, who knows how close they let you get.

There will of course be lots of pictures when I get back. But until then have listen to this.

5 comments:

  1. I heard that the Browns are actually living in 11 Downing Street, because the the prime minister's wife liked that unit better, so they knocked out a wall and connected the two homes to keep it technically 10 Downing. So said a tour guide I talked to in London last year. Don't be disillusioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the crap? Doesn't she know that you have to live in 10 Downing Street if you are PM. That is like Barak Obama saying he would rather live in the executive offices located next to the White House.

    She obviously doesn't love the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take notes and let me know all the places I should go. Also it would be nice if you could notice what parts of town the best looking gentlemen inhabit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks for leaving a comment on our blog! It is great to hear from you! ANd not to worry about being in the dark on family stuff, we did not know that you were living in SCOTLAND! WHen did that happen? How exciting! How long are you there for? Yes, the Allen's are not great at communicating, as I learn every day. But hopefully we can keep in touch this way! Have fun in London! You can email us at ldtmallen@cox.net also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady! Just found your blog and I am so excited. I'll be catching up and then back for fun and interesting updates. Sounds like you are well, I hope that is true.

    ReplyDelete