This post will be about Cambridge with the London post following in a couple of days. This way I also spread out my blogging topics, so that I don't have to think of one. I liked Cambridge, but am happy to be studying in Edinburgh.
Cambridge is a university known for adhering to tradition (gasp!, really), and it is readily apparent walking around the campus and learning of its history. It is a lovely campus and city, and I enjoyed exploring for two days which I think is enough.
A note about Colleges at Cambridge. The college you belong to usually determines where you live and eat. King's College is the most well-known, meaning it is the most popular for applying students, as well as the wealthiest. The College that you belong to does not correspond to the program you are studying. If I understand them correctly, the colleges are your living community.
This video is King's College Boy Choir contraband. No photos or recording was allowed, but I put my life on the line for you my faithful blog readers and recorded this. If there had been enough light you would have been seeing the floor and my shoes, because I had to hide my camera.
Perhaps you can start an Edinburgh Girls' Choir, Kirst? An archrivalry is born. Looks like a lovely trip.
ReplyDelete"..it's nice to have a change of scenery... I traveled to ... Cambridge and London."
ReplyDeleteWhile I agree that constitutes somewhat of a change, I'll let you think about how distinct it really is, aside from accents, food, and an overabundance of moss.
You are living a magical life, Pinchy.
ReplyDeletelove those buildings, thanks for posting!
ReplyDeletewhat if the Queen of England reads your blog and runs across the video of the boys choir? Do you think you will be deported?
ReplyDelete